Protecting The Environment
Cyclops Electronics Limited is committed to minimising the environmental impact of its operations through the adoption of sustainable practices and continual improvement in environmental performance.
What is the WEEE Directive?
Electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) is regulated to reduce the amount of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) incinerated or sent to landfill sites, which is achieved by various measures that encourage recovery, reuse and recycling of products and components.
UK and European legislation now require every manufacturer and producer to arrange and finance the collection, treatment, recycling and environmentally safe disposal of WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment). The WEEE Directive aims to minimise the impact of electrical and electronic equipment on human health and the environment during its lifetime, and then when it becomes waste. It applies to a huge array of products from laptops to hairdryers and washing machines to mobile phones.
What Cyclops Do
As a distributor, not a producer, Cyclops supports the WEEE Regulations and takes due diligence to ensure we arrange collection, recycling, and environmentally safe disposal of our WEEE, in line with the company’s Environmental and WEEE Statement.
Cyclops takes its environmental responsibilities seriously and promotes good practice amongst its staff and business operations by doing the following:
• Reducing the consumption of resources such as paper and plastic
• Preventing pollution whenever possible by reducing emissions and discharges
• Minimising waste production as far as is practicable by reusing or recycling waste where appropriate
• Maintaining compliance with the appropriate regulations such as REACH, RoHS and WEEE
• Reducing the consumption of electricity and gas, and incorporating long-term strategies for energy efficiency into planning and development
• Increasing awareness of environmental responsibilities among staff.
• Developing sustainable supply chains by using suppliers, wherever appropriate, that have environmental standards compatible with our own.
Click here to view our Environmental and WEEE Statement